Tuesday, August 28, 2007

welcome to my blog


This is a little reminiscent of my first painting class, when the canvas was all stretched and primed and oh, so empty and beautiful. I never have a problem beginning to knit- not even when I don't have a clue what will come off the needles- it just evolves... but the big blank canvas is a real hurdle for me. Maybe it's because as knitters, we can erase to perfection by simply unraveling- I'm fearless with my knitting...

So... help me if you can- what would you like to see in wildflower's blog? I'm envisioning pictures of new products as they arrive and designs as they evolve- inspirations as they come- any other ideas?
We do have lot's of exciting classes lined up at Wildflower for September - check out the listings at http://www.wildflowerknits.com/!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Kennita-

I feel so lucky to be the 1st to comment on your new blog! What a great idea, I'll check it often...even though I'm so far away. :( I miss you all,

Kelly

Julie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging -- I think I discovered your store (online ) when I was looking for Brown Sheep Cotton Fine in black. I graduated from K-State 20 years ago and haven't spent much time in Manhattan since then. There was a yarn store on Poyntz back then, but it went out of business sometime while I lived in the area (actually lived at Ft. Riley).

andrea scott said...

Kennita! This is so exciting! I can't wait to get back to your shop - it's been a while since I've been in Manhattan. Hope to see you soon!

Kennita said...

Thanks for writing, everyone! Great to hear from you Kelly, Julie and Andrea- I'm certainly a novice at this but I think it will be kind of fun to see where it leads...

Judy Hedman said...

Hi Kennita,
Wow, you already have some comments! I love your store and I love all the help you have given to me. Maybe people can send you pictures of their projects--can that happen on a blog? I very new at this too. Judy